As announced at the 2013 AGM – we have decided to remove what had become known as the starred events that went towards a league and will use this year to trial a more informal and inclusive system.
The system we are going to use during the 2013 will not stop crews rowing and allow clubs to enter more than one crew per race should they be able and more importantly, the host club allows it.
As normal, points are awarded to the Ladies A, Ladies B (genuine), Men’s A, Men’s B (genuine) and U16 races.
· All crews in the B race will be assumed composite unless declared otherwise.
· Crews must be made up of own club members in order to attain the points.
· All clubs with exception of those in their first year will need to race in the A races to attain the points.
Every genuine crew taking part in each race, will be awarded 2 points
So a race with 10 genuine entries, there will be 20 points available.
The positions of composite or ‘second’ crews entered in a race will be ignored, so if a composite crew wins the race, 100% would be awarded to the first genuine crew to cross the line.
If the number of entries is split into heats – depending on how split is done, will depend on how the points will be given.
· If split randomly, then the points available to the race will be halved.
· If the host club has seeded the heats based on previous results, then the ‘top’ heats points would be weighted.
The regatta on the fixture list from Zennor on 18th May to Fowey on 24th August will count towards the 2013 league. But not mixed and vets championships or the Newquay U16 championships.
We ask that a copy of the results of your regatta be sent by a designated person from the club e.g. the secretary, fixture secretary etc to email@example.com
marked up with any alterations taking into account the above.
Results and league tables will be updated on the CPGA website